Read Psalm 65
This psalm can be divided into two parts – vv 1-4 and vv 5-13. Let’s think about them…
- What does v1 say about God? About all people?
- Notice the tension in v3. “overwhelmed by our sins” and “you forgive them all”. What sins are you overwhelmed by?
- Ask God to forgive those sins, and then rest in His forgiveness.
vv 5-13 shows many of the ways that God answers our prayers.
- Think about those answers to our prayers that are listed. Which is the most important to you?
- Are there any other prayers on your heart?
Stop and thank God for his answers to your prayers, even if they haven’t been answered yet!
You are the hope of everyone on earth, even those who sail on distant seas. v.5b