Read Proverbs 1
Today’s reading is the introduction to the book of Proverbs. This book is a collection of sayings, mostly from King Solomon. This book bubbles over with wisdom that we can learn from.
The first section of this chapter is vv 1-7.
- What is the purpose of these proverbs?
- What will a person gain from listening to these proverbs?
- Pay attention to the contrast in v7. Do you fear God, or are you a fool?
Verses 8-19 make up the second section.
- What is the family relationship that is used to illustrate wisdom?
- Try to condense the message of these verses so they will fit in one Tweet (as in Twitter, 140 chars).
The last section is in vv 20-33.
- What is wisdom doing in the streets?
- How would you describe the emotion found in wisdom’s crying?
Solomon asked God for wisdom. James 1 says that we can also ask for wisdom and God will give. Pray to God that he will grant you wisdom necessary for every role of your life.