Read 2 Timothy 2
Today’s reading is a continuation of Paul’s second letter to Timothy. Remember that Timothy was a young pastor who obviously had a close relationship with his mentor, Paul.
As you read this chapter, think about these things…
- How would you describe the closeness between Paul and Timothy?
- What illustrations did Paul use to help Timothy understand endurance or suffering?
- Paul talks about why he is suffering. (Remember that Paul is in jail in Rome at this point.) From vv 8-10, why does Paul suffer?
- Starting in v15 and going to the end of the chapter, Timothy is encouraged to “be a good worker”. What is the goal?
- Describe are the characteristics of a diligent worker for Jesus that Paul lists.
That command to be a good worker is very much applicable to us. As you consider your service to the Lord, what is He showing you that you need to change? How can you be a better worker for the Lord?
Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. -v8