Read Mark 4
This chapter introduces something new. Jesus begin teaching with parables, or stories to communicate a point.
The first parable is in vv 1-20.
The second parable is in vv 21-25.
The third parable is in vv 26-29.
The fourth parable is in vv 30-34.
For each of the parables…
- Recount the story Jesus uses
- How did Jesus explain the meaning?
- What lessons can we learn from the parable?
- Are there any implied warnings to us?
Finally, in vv 35-41, Jesus calms the storm.
- Where were the disciples and Jesus?
- What happened with this event?
- How did the disciples respond?
- Can we learn anything from this event?
Are you in the middle of any storms in life right now? Jesus can calm those storms. Call on him and know that He is with you.
Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” -v40