Read Mark 6
Notice that this chapter starts with Jesus in Nazareth, his hometown. Pay attention to the events in this chapter.
Give some thought to the first 12 verses.
- What is your response to the people who said, “He’s just a carpenter…”?
- How does Jesus respond to them?
- Why did Jesus send the 12 disciples out in pairs?
- Is there anything you notice about Jesus’ instructions?
Verses 14-29 give us a glimpse into the mind of Herod.
- Who did Herod think Jesus was?
- Why had Herod beheaded John the Baptist?
There are two astounding miracles described in vv 30-56
- Describe the feeding of the 5,000.
- What is the most unusual thing that you notice?
- Why were there leftovers?
- Why did Jesus walk on the water?
- How did the disciples respond to Jesus?
- After crossing the lake, what was the behavior of the crowds?
Jesus met the needs of the people – both physical and spiritual. As we work to share the “Bread of Life” with people around us, do not forget to share physical bread as well. Pray that the Lord would open your eyes to see the needs around you.
They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed. -v56