Read Psalm 8
This Psalm begins and ends with praises to our God. In between, is a section about man. Let’s look a little closer…
Verses 1, 2 and 8 are the bookends of this chapter.
- What does the author (David) have to say about the Lord?
- Why is He said to be “majestic”?
- How does the Lord relate to people who oppose him?
Verses 3 thru 8 raise the question, “What is man?”
- How does the author position mankind?
- How does mankind relate to the Lord?
- What is the role of mankind?
I’ve always loved this Psalm. The God who created the universe also created me. He loves me and He cares for me. Consider how God loves you. Does that change your perspective about things in your life?
O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! -v9