Read Genesis 13
Continuing the story from last time, we now see Abram and his family (including nephew Lot) leave Egypt and head back to Bethel.
There are a couple of interesting things happen in this chapter. There is a family problem, and God again makes a promise to Abram.
- What was the root cause of the problem between Abram and Lot?
- How did Abram and Lot address the problem?
- Is there anything that can be learned about how to handle family problems that we might have?
- After Lot had gone, what did the Lord say to Abram?
- How does this relate to the promise given in chapter 12?
- Is anything new revealed in this promise?
Consider your family relationships. Are there any problems that need to be worked thru? Remember that God desires that these relationships be made right. Pray that God would give you the courage to face what might be a difficult conversation. Pray that He would give you a godly attitude. Go forth and reconcile!
This was the same place where Abram had built the altar, and there he worshiped the Lord again. -v4