Read Proverbs 8
This chapter shows Wisdom calling out for everyone to hear and consider what she says. There are 5 units of thought in this chapter.
Look at verses 1-11.
- Describe what Wisdom is calling out and saying.
- How does Wisdom describe her advice?
- How is the value of wisdom described?
Now consider verses 12-16
- Think about the contrast show between v13 and v14
- How does wisdom help rulers lead?
Verses 17-21 talks about those who love wisdom.
Verses 22-31 are important.
- What was the origin of wisdom?
- Describe the relationship between the Lord and wisdom.
What is the final plea from wisdom in verses 32-36?
So, wisdom is not some modern development. It has been around since the creation of the world. Wisdom does not change as society changes.
Listen to my instruction and be wise. Don’t ignore it. v33