Read Mark 3
There’s lots of activity in this chapter.
Look at vv 1-6
- What happened here?
- What was the interaction between Jesus and the Pharisees?
- Why were the Pharisees wanting to kill Jesus?
Now, move on to vv 7-12
- Find a map and see if you can see the wide geographic spread of where the people came from.
- Why did Jesus tell his disciples to get a boat ready?
- Why did Jesus tell the spirits not to reveal who he was?
The apostles were chosen in vv 13-19
- What do you know about each of them?
- What do you suppose was the criteria for being chosen?
Review vv 20-30
- What was the complaint against Jesus?
- Why were the teachers of religious law against Jesus?
Finally, look at vv 31-35
- Why did Jesus give this response to the statement that his mother and brothers are outside?
Then he appointed twelve of them and called them his apostles. -v14