Read Psalm 77
This is a psalm of Asaph, written for Jeduthun the choir director.
If you have the time, think about these things…
- What is the flow of emotions in this psalm?
- There are several divisions separated by “Interlude” or “Selah”. What is the main idea of each of these sections?
- How does the author talk about God in this psalm?
- What is the value of remembering the past?
- Do you ever experience emotions like what are exposed in this psalm?
God wants us to come to him with our struggles, anguish, and problems. He cares. I’m sure you’ve got something on your mind right now. Pray to Him and tell Him your emotions and feelings. Ask Him for strength, and to show you his everlasting love.
But then I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. -v11