Read 1 Timothy 4
Remember that 1 Timothy was written so that we would know how to conduct ourselves in the household of God. We are immediately warned in this chapter about false teachers.
- What are we told about false teachers in vv 1-4?
- What are some examples of false teachings?
- Describe the role of scripture and prayer?
- How would you describe the main point of vv 6-10?
- v 12 discusses Timothy’s age. What is Paul’s encouragement regarding his age?
As you finish up thinking about this chapter, ask the Lord to show you where you might be believing things that are taught by false teachers. Seek to be aligned with God’s teaching.
Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. -v16