Read 1 Timothy 6
This is the final chapter of this letter from Paul that was written to Timothy. These are the concluding thoughts of from Paul. Some themes from earlier in the letter surface again.
- Money and wealth are discussed. Look at vv 9-10.
- How are people who long to be rich described?
- What are some ways that loving money can cause evil?
- How could craving money lead to wandering from the true faith?
Now look at vv 17-19.
- How can wealth lead to pride?
- Think about trusting in wealth and trusting in God. Can the both be done?
Ask God to keep you from becoming prideful of the things He has given you
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. -v6