Read Daniel 5
The book of Daniel is full of stories that many people have known since childhood. This one always grabbed my attention when I was a child.
But, it’s not just a story. It really happened!
- Describe the feast of Belshazzar in vv 1-4. Note the activities in v4.
- Put yourself in Belshazzar’s shoes. A hand begins writing a message on the wall. How did Belshazzar attempt to understand that message?
- What did the queen mother suggest?
- vv 13-31 describes Daniel’s explanation of the writing. Daniel give a reason for the writing in vv 22-24. What is the reason for the writing?
- What is the meaning of the writing as told by Daniel in vv 25-28?
- How did Belshazzar’s reign end?
Is there any significance for us today? Or is this just a story from the past? Ask God to show you where you might have pride that needs to be done away with. Then thank Him for his merciful patience.
…the Most High God rules over the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone he desires to rule over them. -v21