Read Proverbs 5
Remember back to what you read in Proverbs 1:7. There are two paths – wisdom and foolishness.
This chapter describes the two paths with respect to sexual purity. It is set within the advice of a father to his son.
- How is the immoral woman described in vv 1-6?
- Why does the father spend this time warning against the immoral woman?
- What are the warnings if the son doesn’t stay away from the promiscuous woman in vv 7-14?
- vv 15-20 describe proper sexual behavior. Put these in your own words.
- Then, vv 21-23 shows us the results for the immoral man. What are they?
Although most of us do not go to visit the “immoral woman”, there are always temptations to do sexually immoral activities. Pornography comes to mind.
Ask the Lord to keep you sexually pure and resist the temptations that are not godly.
My son, pay attention to my wisdom. -v1